These Terms and Conditions of Entry (“Entry Terms”) are designed to enable the Townsville to Cairns Bike Ride from 23 July to 25 July 2020 (the “Ride”) to run smoothly and safely. By registering to participate in the Ride, you (the “Ride Participant”), and any additional Ride Participants that you purchase entries for, accept and agree to be bound by these Entry Terms:
- The Ride Participant may enter online or in person. No changes to Ride Options will be guaranteed after 5pm, Friday 19 June 2020 (AEST).
- If the Ride Participant is under the age of 18 years on the first day of the ride, the Ride Participant must have a Parent/Guardian sign the entry form and consent to his/her participation in the Ride
- Use of e-mail, facsimile or other electronic means as a mode of communication, giving notice and forming legally binding contractual relationships.
- I accept that if I do not pay the entry fee on the same day of registration, the registration may automatically lapse and I may be required to submit a new registration if ride spaces remain available.
- The Ride Participant agrees to fundraise and deposit a minimum of $500 by 22 July 2020.
- The Ride Participant takes responsibility for their personal fitness level and for having a bike that is serviced and fit for riding.
- The Ride Participant accepts that speeds may vary above or below the nominated speed ranges. It is expected that the average speed will fall within the nominated range.
- The Ride Participant consent to the use of their name, image, voice, statement or otherwise to promote the event in any form of the media without payment or compensation.
- If the Ride Participant is aged 15 years or younger on the first day of the Ride, the Ride Participant must be accompanied on the ride by a Parent/Guardian. The Parent/Guardian may agree that another adult, such as a School Teacher, can fulfil this role for them.
- The Townsville to Cairns Bike Ride Committee (“The Committee”) may, in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons for its decision, accept or refuse an application for entry.
- The Ride Participant understands that participation in the 2020 Townsville to Cairns Bike Ride involves riding on public roads used by other traffic and are aware of the hazards involved. The Ride Participant or Parent/Guardian agrees in their judgment, The Ride Participant has sufficient competence and experience to participate in this ride and hereby release and exempt and indemnify the committee, sponsors, and other persons and organisations involved in the 2020 Townsville to Cairns Bike Ride including training rides, from all actions, proceedings, demands and costs, expenses and claims whatsoever made or taken by any person arising out of their participation in the 2020 Townsville to Cairns Bike Ride.
Ride Participant Categories For Fee Structure
- An adult is defined as a person who is 18 years or older on the first day of the Ride.
- A youth is defined as a person who is between the ages of 17 years and 13 years on the first day of the Ride.
- If the Ride Participant wishes to cancel his/her participation in the Ride, the Ride Participant must notify The Committee in writing, providing his/her name, address, Bank Account and reason for cancellation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Written cancellations received before 5pm AEST, 12 June 2020 AEST will be refunded for their entry fee less any costs incurred and a $20 Administration Fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5pm AEST 12 June 2020.
- Once written cancellation has been received from the Ride Participant and processed by The Committee, the refund will be processed within 45 days.
- Except as otherwise stated in these Entry Terms, The Committee is under no obligation to refund monies or entry fees due to non-use, cancellation, failure to participate or dissatisfaction by the Ride Participant.